No matter how careful you might be with your skin, there’s no denying that scars can mar even the most glamorous complexion. Whether you received a scar from roughhousing in childhood or you had to get stitches after slipping and falling on ice, scars can tarnish your facial complexion, leaving you feeling like you’re not putting your best face forward.
You don’t have to settle for less than perfection – especially with Fountain of Youth Medical Spa’s innovative scar fading treatments. Located in Victoria, Texas, our clients think of our medical spa as a beauty oasis where they can discover firmer, younger, and flawless skin again.
Whether your scars are a result of your previous battle with acne or you recently healed from an injury, here are the treatments options you’ll discover at the Fountain of Youth Medical Spa in Victoria, Texas.
Eliminate Your Scar Quickly and Easily
When it comes to treating and eliminating the appearance of scars, it’s vital to treat scars as soon as they appear. This is because fresh scars are much easier to fade than old scars, which have had years – even decades – to become part of the skin. However, this doesn’t mean that you’re stuck with that old scar; here are the best treatment options to eliminate the look of your scar:
- Scar tape represents a fantastic quick fix if you only have a couple hours to eliminate the appearance of your scar. If you want a more natural look, consider picking up silicone scar gel from your local drugstore, which can cover up and slowly fade the appearance of scars over time.
- Keloids occur when there is an overgrowth of skin at the scar’s location. Usually keloids will be pink and rosy, and require different treatment options from normal scars. A medical technician at our spa can inject steroid shots to fade these scars and counteract skin growth. On a similar note, we can also use collagenase injections to treat old and new hypertrophic scars.
- If you need more advanced treatments for your scars, consider undergoing a microdermabrasion, which is an intense exfoliating treatment that removes the top layer of skin. To effectively fade the appearance of scars, you should undergo multiple treatments.
- Fraxel resurfacing lasers can also be essential for treating scars, as this stimulates the production of collagen within the skin. This enhanced collagen production makes it possible for your skin to renew itself faster, thus quickly fading the look of scars.
- Steroid injections can be used to reduce inflammation of hypertrophic scar
- Scar revision by Z incision scar repair can reduce size of scar and improve appearance
- Scars resulting from a burn to a large skin area or infected wound can now heal completely, like normal skin, with human stem cells and plasma rich in growth factors.
If you’re ready to kiss your scars good-bye, visit the Fountain of Youth Medical Spa in Victoria, Texas today. Our practice is just a short drive from Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, El Campo, Sugarland and Houston. To learn more simply fill out the form in the top right corner or call 361-576-9100.