Although testosterone is often thought of as a male hormone – after all, men produce 10 times the amount of testosterone than women – medical research has uncovered some surprising links between testosterone and women’s health. It’s now believed that during menopause, the loss of testosterone – not estrogen – is primarily responsible for the fatigue, weight gain, and loss of libido that’s so common.
It’s not surprising, considering the important role testosterone plays in a woman’s health. In fact, women produce up to ten times more testosterone than estrogen in their early reproductive years. That means that focusing on increasing testosterone intake – rather than estrogen – could be crucial for managing a woman’s menopausal symptoms.
The Benefits of Testosterone for Women
If you’re looking for specific reasons why you should consider increasing your testosterone intake, consider these compelling benefits:
- Testosterone can help relieve the most common symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes and vaginal dryness.
- It can also help decrease urinal urgency, or the desire to constantly go to the bathroom.
- Increasing testosterone can help improve your mood, as well as your mental clarity and concentration. If you ever feel like you’re in a fog, testosterone could help you improve your ability to focus.
- Testosterone can help re-ignite your sexual spark, as this hormone is responsible for increasing sexual desire and libido.
- This hormone can help increase bone density, which is a serious health problem many menopausal women face. Additionally, testosterone can help increase lean muscle mass and decrease body fat, thus combatting menopausal weight gain.
- Testosterone can help increase blood flow and improve cardiovascular health. This is critical, especially considering that heart disease is a top killer of women.
One of the best ways to enjoy the benefits of testosterone is to take bioidentical hormones, which are naturally derived from plants. At the Fountain of Youth Medical Spa in Victoria, Texas,
Dr. Nhi Le can tailor bioidentical hormones to your exact needs, so you can enjoy all the incredible benefits of testosterone.
Schedule Your Consultation
Interested in bioidentical hormones for women? Schedule your consultation with Dr. Le at the Fountain of Youth Medical Spa in Victoria, Texas today! Call (361) 576-9100 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Nhi Le today.